This event will bring together colleagues from across the health and social care sectors to explore how we can better work together to improve the lives of people who receive medicines support.
It will give you the chance to hear from and have conversations with different people from a range of organisations and to think about how you can deliver better services by working together.
The event will concentrate on practical, solution-focused ways of working together, bringing together questions, issues and goals from across health and social care:
- medicines optimisation initiatives to reduce cost, over-prescribing and errors
- avoiding unnecessary hospital admissions due to medicines or prescribing errors
- ensuring effective and personalised medicines reviews
- improving wellbeing and quality of life for people receiving medication support
- confidently providing medication support safely
- ensuring person-centred medication reviews with a whole-life approach.
The event is part of the Quality Matters initiative and has been developed by a group of national social care and health organisations led by NICE and Skills for Care with Care Provider Alliance and the National Dignity Council.
Who should attend?
- Senior managers of care and support providers
- Chief executives of small/micro social care provider organisations
- Senior clinicians/operational leads in NHS Trusts, Clinical Commissioning Groups and Primary Care Networks
- Pharmacy leads
- Quality improvement leads in social care provider organisations
- Quality improvement leads in local authorities
- Commissioners of adult services
- Adult social workers
This event is free to attend. Lunch and refreshments will be provided.